PostDoc Plus Funding Details
The GSLS recognizes the fact that postdoctoral fellows deserve more attention as a group within the university, and among them especially female postdoctoral researchers, as this is the career stage in which the percentage of women begins to drop. Postdoctoral researchers often are on temporary contracts, working on pre-defined projects which initially leave little room to develop their own scientific standing. This is, however, crucial for their future academic career. The PostDoc Plus Funding will support initial experiments, to develop a proposal for external funding, such as the "first own grant" program of the DFG.
Up to six postdoctoral researchers will get a budget of 12,500 EUR to spend within one year. This money can be spent in accordance to the proposal submitted in the application for:
- Supplies & Consumables (e.g. Chemicals, Add-ons for equipment, columns etc.)
- Student research assistants (HiWis)
- Workshop fees
- Travel costs
If the postdoctoral researcher wants to spend the money in another way, please discuss this with the GSLS office prior to the purchase.
Beneficiaries are expected to present their current research and idea in a seminar format. At the end of the funding period, the results are to be presented either in a seminar or a mini-symposium.
The application is open to every postdoctoral researcher who is:
- Currently working in a research group affiliated with the Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Intending to stay at the university of Würzburg for the duration of the funding period
- Not already a member of the Graduate School of Life Sciences
To apply, submit the following items:
- completed application form
- a current curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- a detailed research proposal and work plan
Contents: Introduction, proposal, workplan and the most important references
Regular A4, double spacing, font size 12
Not exceeding 8 pages!
- a letter of recommendation from your current primary supervisor
You can send your application by mail to the GSLS office or by email as a single PDF file to the Graduate School of Life Science. Deadline is the 15th of September 2017.
- June 26th 2017: 5th call starts
- July 26th 2017: Introduction to the program
- September 15th, 2017: Deadline for Application
- December 15th, 2017: Funding decision
- January 1st, 2018: Funds become available