DAAD STIBET - Support for Doctoral Researchers
The "University of Würzburg Graduate Schools" co-ordinates the distribution of DAAD funds through the STIBET program „Betreuungsmaßnahmen für ausländische Doktoranden und Postdoktoranden" at the University of Würzburg. That support is only available for members of the University of Würzburg.
Please note that the money avaialable for 2019 has been spent completely.
Applications for 2020 are possible from June 2019 onwards.
- Fellowships are only available for non-German doctoral researchers already working at the University of Würzburg at the time of application
- Fellowships can start any time throughout the year
- Applications can be filed any time, there is no deadline. Incoming applications will be pooled and evaluated regularly, usually within 8 weeks of submission
- The budget for 2019 is 12.000 €. Once funds are exhausted, we will announce this here
- Before any application, you are welcome to inquire about the current funding situation and eligibility issues
Description of the Fellowship
- Purpose: Finishing a delayed doctoral thesis project
- Maximum duration 3 months, maximum amount 1000 €/month,
- Less can be applied for, however at least 2 months and 250 €/month
- Applications must explain/document the following:
a) good performance of the candidate
b) doctoral candidate is not responsible for the delay in finishing the thesis project
c) funding is not possible from the research group's or institute's resources
d) thesis defence must be reasonably planned to happen within one year after the start of the fellowship at the latest
- Applications can be filed by any member of the University of Würzburg who supervises doctoral researchers; affiliation with a Graduate School is a plus, but not necessary
- Candidates receiving other publicly funded fellowships -from Germany or from abroad- serving the same purpose at the same time are not eligible
- Decisions about fellowships are made by a panel of reviewers derived from the UWGS
- Decisions are not contestable
The Application Comprises
- Application form: Download, open with Acrobat Reader and fill in. Don't forget signatures!
- Concise description of the project (contents, schedule/milestones; max. 2 pages), which must be written by the prospective fellow. Candidates may contact email@example.com to inquire about details and to get advice
- Candidate’s CV
- Certificate of enrollment in a doctoral study program, University of Würzburg, if applicable
- The application letter by the supervisor
- One additional letter of recommendation (1 page)
- Evidence of candidate's prior performance: diplomas, publications, conference abstracts, any other document that may support the application
- Please send one copy of the application in paper with original signatures to: Universität Würzburg, UWGS, Beatrice-Edgell-Weg 21, 97074 Würzburg
- In case of questions please contact: Stephan Schröder-Köhne, Phone 31-86068, firstname.lastname@example.org