DAAD STIBET - Support for Doctoral Students and Postdocs
The "University of Würzburg Graduate Schools" co-ordinates the distribution of DAAD funds through the STIBET program „Betreuungsmaßnahmen für ausländische Doktoranden und Postdoktoranden" at the University of Würzburg. That support is only available for members of the University of Würzburg.
Before any application, please inquire about the current funding situation and eligibility issues.
Note: The budget for 2018 is exhausted. The budget for 2019 is not clear as of now. Please refer back to this page later or contact:
Stephan Schröder-Köhne, Phone 31-86068, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fellowships are only available for non-German DOCTORAL RESEARCHERS working at the University of Würzburg
- Fellowships can start any time
- In all cases less than the possible maximum duration and amount of the fellowships can be applied for (however, the minimum fellowship is 250 €/month)
- If doctoral researchers receive other public funding, the total may not exceed 1000 €/month
- A report about the work done during the fellowship must be provided by the recipient of any fellowship and the fellowship must be acknowledged in publications
Short Description of Fellowships
- For non-German doctoral researchers already working at the University of Würzburg at the time of application
- Purpose: Finishing a delayed doctoral thesis project
- Up to 3 months, up to 1000 €/month
- Applicants must carefully document the following: a) Doctoral candidates are not responsible for the delay in finishing the project, b) Good performance of the candidate, c) Thesis defence must be reasonably planned to happen within one year after the start of the fellowship at the very late
- Applications can be filed by any member of the University of Würzburg who supervises doctoral researchers; Affiliation with a Graduate School is a definite plus
- Decisions about fellowships are made by a panel of reviewers derived from the UWGS
- Decisions are not contestable
- Decisive factors are the candidate's academic quality and the likelihood that the proposed project can be accomplished within the duration of the fellowship; pivotal in this respect is the project description, which must be writen by the prospective fellow. Candidates may contact Stephan Schröder-Köhne to inquire about details and get advice.
- Applications can be filed any time except when mentioned otherwise. Decisions will usually be made within 8 weeks
- In case funds are exhausted, this will be announced here
The Application Comprises
- Application form: Download, open with Acrobat Reader and fill in. Don't forget signatures!
- Concise description of the project (contents, schedule/milestones; max. 2 pages)
- Candidate’s CV
- Certificate of enrollment in a doctoral study program, University of Würzburg, if applicable
- Two letters of recommendation (max. 1 page each), one of them by project supervisor
- Evidence of candidate's prior performance: Diplomas, publications, conference abstracts, any other document that may support the application
- Please send one copy of the application in paper with original signatures to: Universität Würzburg, UWGS, Beatrice-Edgell-Weg 21, 97074 Würzburg
- In case of additional questions please contact: Stephan Schröder-Köhne, Phone 31-86068, email@example.com