The Graduate School of Science & Technology (GSST) runs established and develops new structured doctoral programs. It places special emphasis on interdisciplinarity, being a joint initiative of six faculties: Physics & Astronomy, Chemistry & Pharmacy, Mathematics & Computer Science, Biology, Medicine and Philosophical Faculty I (Institute of Geography und Geology). Since 2017 the GSST also coordinates a program on digitalization, jointly operated by universities and universities of applied siences in Bavaria (BayWISS).
Building on strong collaborative research programs, the GSST provides interdisciplinary research training of the highest standards. To achieve this goal the school runs five broad interfaculty sections:
- Theoretical & Fundamental Sciences
- Molecular & Materials Sciences
- Computing Sciences & Systems Engineering
- Applied Sciences
- Education Sciences
As a doctoral student,you will profit from
- mentoring by a committee of three principal investigators,
- individual research training plan, clearly defining scope and duration of the project,
- comprehensive offer of research related and transferable skills training,
- inclusion into a strong peer-network of doctoral researchers,
- early exposure to the international research community,
- strong emphasis on the publication of your results.