With BayWISS the Bavarian Ministry of Science and the Arts has created a new platform to enhance collaboration of universities and universities of applied sciences in Bavaria.
The BayWISS Verbundkolleg Digitalisierung (BWD) is one of currently eleven thematically different Joint Academic Partnerships . It has its headquarters at the University of Würzburg and is jointly managed together with the universities of applied sciences FHWS Würzburg-Schweinfurt and OTH Regensburg.
As a first measure, BayWISS is developing a platform for joint doctoral projects between universities and universities of applied sciences in Bavaria. Talented graduates who are qualified and willing to strive for a doctoral degree at any BayWISS member university can join this new forum together with their supervisors.
The BWD will start its work with the following research topics:
- Big data/data analytics
- Digitalisation in industrial production and in industrial services
- Intelligent networks
- Information technology in public health service and health research
- Robotics and telematics
- Security of hardware, software and data
- Human-computer-media interaction
- Economic and social aspects of computer systems in the context of application