Writing of Scientific Papers - VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
|Datum:||30.01.2023, 09:00 - 31.01.2023, 17:00 Uhr|
|Kategorie:||R1, Wissenschaft, Workshop|
|Ort:||VIRTUAL via ZOOM|
|Vortragende*r:||Dr. Kerstin Minnich|
When writing a paper, you have to face several challenges such as addressing the target readership, structuring the manuscript in a logical way and writing in a precise and concise style. The complexity of such a scientific writing project can be overwhelming, leading to feelings of disorientation, lack of motivation and enhanced procrastination.
To overcome these obstacles we will address efficient planning and writing strategies, techniques for adequate application of scientific style– and structure conventions, and efficient revision and feedback strategies. Another topic of the workshop will be the publishing process, i.e. how to choose a journal and communication with editors and reviewers. Besides theoretical input, you will have opportunity to work with your own text and to get feedback from co-participants. In addition, we will develop individual strategies to avoid writer´s block and to optimize the writing process.
• Planning of scientific texts.
• Optimizing the writing process and overcoming writer`s block.
• Revision of scientific texts.
• Scientific style conventions.
• Publishing process.
• Efficient feedback strategies.
After completing the workshop, you
• are aware of the impact of the research question(s) on scientific manuscripts.
• know strategies for specifying your research question(s) and how to structure your results accordingly.
• are able to identify scientific style and structure elements in papers and know strategies to apply them to your own texts.
• know strategies to choose a journal and to communicate with editors and reviewers.
• know how to improve your individual writing strategies and to avoid writer`s block.
To attend, please register here.
Note: Registration of GSLS doctoral researchers has priority to non-GSLS participants. Non-GSLS participants pay a service and workshop fee of EUR 50 by bank transfer.