- voices interests of doctoral researchers and stands up for them
- represents the PhD students in the boards and meetings of the GSLS
- networks and communicates between doctoral researchers and PIs
- informs doctoral researchers about the GSLS
- organizes events for the PhD students
- mediates conflicts between doctoral researchers and PIs or GSLS
The DRC has five members, two or three of which are newly elected by all GSLS doctoral researchers every year. In this way, continuity of the DRC's work is secured and experience is handed over from one generation of doctoral researchers to the next.