The activities begin on Wednesday, 9:00 am.
To get to know the GSLS better, we will start with an introduction to the GSLS covering the following topics:
- The different phases of a PhD: what to expect, challenges and opportunities
- Your benefit from a structured training programme
- Introduction to the Doctoral Researchers’ Symposium
- Introduction to the Doctoral Researchers' Council
Afterwards we will have your Project Pitches - a great opportunity to get to know each other and network with your peers.
In the afternoon we offer a City Tour of Würzburg to give you an insight into the history and culture of the city you are living in.
To round off the first day in a relaxed fashion the DRC offers a pub crawl starting at the Alte Mainbrücke at 5:30pm.
On Thursday, 9:00 am - approx. 4:30 pm we offer a range of one-day workshops which count towards the requirements of the structured programme. Places allocated on a first come, first served basis!
For those admitted to the PhD programme of the GSLS (as opposed to the Dr. rer. nat.), please note that 'Intercultural Communication' is a mandatory workshop which you need to attend before you can graduate.
- Academic writing (online)
- Analyzing your Market Potential as Scientist (online)
- Poster Design (online)
- Intercultural communication (in person) !ATTENTION! will take place on 2nd December
Friday, 9:00 am - approx. 1:30 pm
All participants will have a lecture on "Good Scientific Practice" – detailing the conduct expected from every scientist at our university. This course is mandatory and must be attended before you can graduate, so this is a good opportunity to aleady fulfill this requirement!